WeCompare’s Guide to Popular Children’s Netflix Series
Aug 19 . 3 m
Keeping Your Little Ones Entertained
Who doesn’t enjoy a little screen time? Irrespective of age, we all like plopping ourselves in front of the TV and enjoy a few fun episodes. Little ones are no exception, of course. So, if you’re looking for a great series for your children, we’ve rounded up some of the most popular children’s Netflix shows.
Over the years, TV has often held a bad reputation for affecting developing minds. However, a study conducted by the Universities of Oxford, Cardiff, and Cambridge discovered that children who have access to one to two hours of screen time actually benefit from an increased level of emotional and social well-being. This is coupled with the fact that the quality of children-oriented programmes and series has increased drastically.
Streaming platforms like Netflix have also joined the action and are offering some great options for discerning young viewers. So, in our blog today we’re taking a look at some of the streaming platform’s most interesting kid-oriented shows.
Kids Screen Time Stats
Netflix may not be the first name that comes to mind when it comes to junior audiences. However, the platform offers many fun series that are guaranteed to offer hours of entertainment to kids of all ages.
For instance, it is estimated that an impressive one-third of British three to four-year-olds are Netflix viewers. Up to 84% of millennial parents state that their children watch Netflix every day or on a weekly basis.
Junior Streamers: Popular Children’s Netflix Shows
- Octonauts – A great show for toddlers as young as two, it offers a great introduction to all-things marine in a fun and entertaining way.
- Waffles and Mochi – This one is perfect for all the little foodies in the making. Michelle Obama and two young assistants go on a culinary adventure around the world, as they cook delicious meals from different countries.
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again – You might remember this iconic animated show from your own childhood. The new edition is still packed with all the magic, fun, and know-how that glued many kids to their screens during the 90s.
- Project Mc² – We like this show for the ingenious way in which it creates a close link between girls and STEM subjects. Follow four super-smart teen spies as they solve mystery after mystery.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events – Last but certainly not least, a great show that all the family can enjoy. Netflix’s adaptation of the Lemony Snicket series will keep you watching as the Baudelaire children navigate a world full of mysterious adventures alongside quirky characters.
If you’re a parent, you can choose from many high-quality entertainment options for your children. However, you also need a broadband option that gives viewing your little ones a great viewing experience.
Looking for the best broadband and TV package for your family? Click here to compare and save big!